Starting with a small project in 2003, OTE today, has evolved into a competent and experienced project management provider company known for its innovative approach to project management. Partly of necessity and partly by design, we developed ‘Hybrid’ system as an alternative to EPC and Turnkey basis project management. Under hybrid project management contract, we take all responsibilities and perform all essential tasks exactly in the same manner as the companies offering turnkey project management. The only difference in our case is that ‘OTE does everything and customer writes the checks’. Working in this manner customers keeps control of project finances without compromising accountability. OTE works seamlessly with customer’s procurement group and negotiates the contracts and pricing with vendors, suppliers, and contractors to bring maximum possible cost savings to the customer. OTE has successfully executed some major compounding facilities installation projects, for well-known global organizations, with this approach in different parts of the world. We employ processes that assure that various elements of projects are properly coordinated – which in fact is the definition of ‘Integrated Project Management’.
Integrated Project Management involves the following activities:
- Discuss, define, and establish customer’s standards processes and guidelines.
- Review and set project budget estimates with the customer.
- Prepare costs draw down estimate at various stages of the project.
- Calculate and report costs drawdown Vs baseline costs on regular basis.
- Planning and scheduling in close coordination with customer’s mangers.
- Ensure that all safety and regulatory permits and licenses are duly obtained, and the proper measures are implemented to comply with customer organizational and OSHA regulations.
- Schedule shut downs with customer site personnel as and when necessary.
- Report progress to customer management on daily, weekly, and monthly basis as necessary
- Work with contractors to review and approve engineering and construction drawings.
- Work with customer’s engineers and contractors to resolve technical issues quickly and efficiently.
- Manage change-order process to maintain a quick and cost-effective solution to incidental issues.
- Review project objectives on regular basis
- Ensure that all parties on project site, often with competitive interests, coordinate with each other and the project managers(s) with singular goal of completing the project in time and within established budget.
Capital Expansion Projects
OTE has developed reliable, long-term partnerships with electrical, mechanical, structural, and civil contractors, both in USA and India to provide a single solution for capital expansion projects for thermoplastics compounding companies. By combining its core services with skills of our partners, we manage and execute capital projects from conceptualized design through equipment installation and implementation.
Creating synergy through combined value engineering and expert equipment installation and relocation services, the team closes the gaps in capital expansion projects with benefits that include:
- Productivity improvements through maximum speed and minimum disruption
- to production schedule
- Avoidance of costly delays that result from change orders and extra administrative efforts
- Reduction of roadblocks and inefficiencies through a streamlined and centralized approach