The Commissioning and startup phase is the final step before handover and the start of the production run. OTE is uniquely qualified for this phase because of decades of experience in the Compounding industry and our familiarity with processes as well as equipment. Combined with our ability to bring different parties, sometimes with competing interests, together to, resolve any issues and arrange a smooth and safe startup.
The required and mandatory tasks to be addressed at any startup are:
- Conduct pre-startup process safety reviews and safety walks for installed equipment and systems.
- Conduct classroom sessions with operators and supervisors providing technical instructions and training.
- Creating and assuring effective documentation of work instructions.
- Organize equipment vendors’ and startup technician’s visits as necessary.
- Provide hands-on assistance and guidance in starting each new piece of equipment and system.
- Run rotation checks
- Check terminations
- Organize and supervise ‘validation’ trials.
- Schedule and supervise first commercial product(s) run and testing on the new line.
- Provide equipment and process follow-up guidelines to operation staff.
- Ensure that all manuals, drawings and data for the operation and maintenance is received from suppliers and properly organized.
- Provide hands on production and technical assistance to the Operations staff in running the lines.
- We have successfully executed major projects in the USA, Mexico, and India by adhering to this system.
We have successfully executed major project in the USA, Mexico, and India by adhering to this system.